Sometimes it is difficult to accurately capture deep red and yellows with my digital camera as one color can quickly become saturated. One day at the Denver Botanic Gardens I made it my ambition to capture some of these shades and experiment with changing exposure settings and white balance to accurately capture these beautiful colors. Here is what I came up with.
This is probably my favorite from the day when it comes to pure color. It is the edge of a very large flower petal (I don't remember what type of flower).
Similar shot with yellows
This zenia was a rich orange. The colors were ok in these two but you can still see that the yellows in the second one don't look quite right.
More reds
These gazanias were not really part of the color project, but were taken at the same time and I thought I would include them.
Taken with a Canon T2i with the 18-55 mm kit lens mounted backward with a reversal ring and on the 55mm focal length.
Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)