Rachel and I have now been in Singapore for two weeks (three by the time this gets posted). We have the privilege of being very close to the Singapore Botanic Gardens. It has been very fun to go do some photography and see beauty of a very different kind from Colorado. This will be the first of several macro photography posts from Singapore, and it is all about bugs! (don't worry, there will also be a post about flowers too)
Singapore gets TONS more rain than our native Colorado, which drastically changes some of the bugs found. We saw several snails. This first one I significantly underexposed and it gave it a fun, almost nighttime look.
I thought the angle on this one was fun too.
I am not sure whether this is a different species or just a baby snail?
Misc green bug!
If this fly looks familiar to a picture I posted before, that is because it looks exactly like a fly in Colorado :-)
I was really excited when I saw this beetle. So far in all our garden wanderings this is the only one of this type I have seen.
His (or her?) color was amazing!
Very small blue beetle.
We have seen very very small, and very large ants here in Singapore. Here are a few of the Very Large variety. I do not know if these were just checking each-other out, or if they were enemies. These were not aggressive, but stood in this type of stance for quite a while.
No clue what this is. Any help?
Camo Grasshoppers.
And lastly a little leaf hopper bug.
Taken with a Canon T2i with a 55mm fully manual lens mounted backward with a reversal ring.
Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)