I (Rachel) have trouble deciding what my favorite season is. But every year around this time, I'm certain: It's autumn. :)
This year, I tried something new. In a friend's home, I saw she had made leaf rubbings on colorful paper, and then cut them out and hung them up. So, after a trip to the shops across from the nearby art university for paper, some foraging around the neighborhood for leaves, and some advice from my sister Lizzy, here's what I came up with.
Looking through our living room onto the balcony/office:
The doorway to the bathroom and bedrooms:
This one is a Japanese maple.
I don't know what this one is, but it looks cool. :)
The rest of my fall decorations are from my sisters Anna and Lizzy. The hid them in our luggage when we moved to China last fall.<3
The bathroom door:
The bathroom mirror:
And since I was taking pictures in the bathroom anyway, and I had never posted bathroom pictures before, (and it was looking nicer than usual,) here are some more pictures.
The curved shower curtain rod!
It was one of my very first purchases in China, when I could still only count
to 3. It was an exciting day.
So was the day I learned to count above 3. :)
Our shower.
Yep. :)
And I bet you always wanted to know what our toilet looks like.
Now you do.
Happy Autumn!