Monday, May 20, 2013

Macro Monday: Buggy

So I apologize to those who dislike bugs, but this macro post is just that. While traveling in China recently I was able to photograph a couple insects/bugs. First, and perhaps not terribly exciting, is a fly (house fly?)... I'm sure you are glad to know that it seems that they are about the same in China and America :-)

The other bug is... I don't know. He is not an insect or spider as he has far too many legs. He looks a lot like a centipede, but he(she?) looks different from the American versions I am used to. I am sure you be glad to know that it looks especially like a "House Centipede": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata

Sorry if it is too creepy for you, you were warned :-)

Photos taken with a Canon T2i with a manual 50mm lens reversed for better macro. 
Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)