Monday, December 3, 2012

Macro Monday: Singapore Dragonflies


I was very excited that there are several different types of dragonflies here in Singapore that I have never photographed before. And some of them even tolerated me getting close!

This first type of dragonflies look deep maroon when you look at them for far away. I think the black wings and red veins are just beautiful!

Something I am noticing is that as I approach the dragonflies they bend their wings down like this. So the additional challenge is to get them in a less disturbed state (which I did not succeed at much).

This one was right next to a pond in the gardens.

This type I had a hard time believing the coloring on! They look bright pink as if someone had artificially dyed them!


I really liked this picture as you can see his legs holding on to the tip of the flower.

Another type from the side.

This one was one of my favorites for color and how the dragonfly's body pops out of the background.

Taken with a Canon T2i with a 55mm fully manual lens mounted backward with a reversal ring.

Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)