Monday, October 22, 2012

Macro Monday: A Little Buggy

So I will give fair warning: if you do not like insects and spiders you should probably not look at this post. That being said I am really excited to share some of the pictures today. 

The next several were all taken at the Denver Botanic Gardens in August.

This was a really bizarre bee that I have never seen before. No clue as to what it is but it was fun to photograph!



I absolutely love this photo!


I have done very little photography of spiders, so this is currently my best spider picture to date.

I learned after I took this picture that it is a ladybug larva. Looks like something out of a science fiction movie. 

These were tiny flies. I do not know what kind they are. 


No clue what this is, but it looks really cool.

My first ever picture of a water strider

This insect was very nicely perched on the flower, but I have no idea what it is. 

More dragonflies! His front eye is really in focus.

This picture of a butterfly were taken on a hike near Durango, CO. Interestingly these butterflies were much easier to photograph than another orange type of butterfly that was also common in the area. This is why there are no pictures of orange butterflies in this post :-)


Taken with a Canon T2i with the 18-55 mm kit lens mounted backward with a reversal ring and on the 55mm focal length.

Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)