Monday, March 10, 2014

Macro Monday - Thailand + Macro Tubes

So the winter is admittedly not the best time for me to take macro pictures (which is why I have been a great slacker and have not posted any for about 2+ months). But spring is approaching and we also just got back from a short time in Thailand (which was great to escape and actually see things green and growing!). 
I was excited not only because of all the potential photo opportunities, but also because I was able to use some Christmas money to buy some "extension tubes." What is that you say? It is basically a fancy metal tube (no lenses or anything) that you put in-between your camera and your lens. This allows you then to focus on objects very close to you. Here are a few initial shots (with many more to come over the next few weeks).

Dianthus are always a fun flower to photograph because of  their color, patterns, and interesting structure.

And you didn't think you would get away without an initial bug picture did you? Actually, I think this guy (girl?) is sorta cute. I have seen these tiny, green, iridescent flies in both Colorado and Asia.

Photos taken with a Canon T2i with a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens and Kenko extension tubes. 
Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)