A friend showed me (Rachel) some cute dresses she made out of muu-muus (aka grannie nightgowns) she bought on the street, so I felt inspired, borrowed her sewing machine, and bought a nightgown for about $3.50.
I really like the colors! So I bought it even though it had a small hole in the front.
But after I bought it, I started noticing tons of elderly ladies on the streets, babysitting their grandkids, and wearing nightgowns and pajama tops constructed exactly the same way. So I definitely needed to change it up a bit.
I really like the colors! So I bought it even though it had a small hole in the front.
But after I bought it, I started noticing tons of elderly ladies on the streets, babysitting their grandkids, and wearing nightgowns and pajama tops constructed exactly the same way. So I definitely needed to change it up a bit.
My friend widened the neckline and made a belt for hers, so I started with that. (The belt also covers up the place where I mended the hole.)
Yep... I'm apparently a triple-XL in China. Makes me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. :)
Then I removed the edging around the armholes, because it didn't look that great anyway and re-hemmed them to make the shoulder straps thinner.
I had been debating about whether to take the sides in any, but by the time I re-hemmed the armholes, they were way too big, so that made up my mind for me. I took it in from the arms to the waist.
I wore it for the first time out to dinner for Josh's birthday! :)