Thursday, September 22, 2011

Seattle Grand Tour

The bulk of our time in the northwest was spent in Seattle. 
On one of those days, our good friend Doug introduced us to some of Seattle's great wonders.

You can't start an adventure without a good breakfast!
(I, Rachel, recommend the blueberry pancakes.)

Next stop, Gas Works Park.

I just checked the website, and it specifically calls this "a large play barn." I'm not sure how playing and climbing can be separated... Sorry, City of Seattle. 
(But just to be safe, don't try this at home.)

Overlooking Lake Union and the Seattle skyline.
Don't try this at home either.

We paid a visit to the Fremont Troll (barely escaping with our lives).

And then a visit to Lenin.
It's actually sort of cool... it's temporarily on display in Fremont, and is one of the only statues of Lenin known to portray him with flames and guns, instead just as a philosopher.

Doug promised us a visit to the Space Needle if we came to visit.
It was pretty cool!



It's shiny!



My secret hope for the trip was to be able to go to the Public Market and
1) buy a peach (which I did on our honeymoon) and...


2) buy flowers.
 Mission accomplished.

Thanks for an AWESOME tour of Seattle, Doug!