Monday, June 17, 2013

Macro Monday: Golden Eagle

Sometimes, to get interesting macro shots, you have to be brave enough to ask if it is ok to take pictures (or brave enough to get yelled at, but in this case we asked permission). While on out trip we went to the mountains one day and encountered a man with a golden eagle.

I thought I might get yelled at if I tried to take any pictures at all, let alone macros.
But to our surprise the man was totally ok with me taking macros when we asked (it also helps greatly when your wife speaks the local language really well!)

Though it made me a little nervous to be taking pictures from about 6 inches away :-)
We did try to get a picture of his head (her head?) but the eagle was not so keen on the camera being so close to his face.




Photos taken with a Canon T2i with a manual 50mm lens reversed for better macro. 
Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)