This week's macro monday post are some insect pictures from Thailand that I am very excited about.
First is one of the better dragonfly shots I have ever gotten.
Here is a closeup of his head
Next is a damselfly
I was so excited to get the next few shots!! I have never gotten a good picture of a praying mantis before and I was eagerly looking for one while in Thailand. I am not sure if this one is a small species or if it is a baby mantis... to give a little size comparison he (she?) is probably less than an inch (3 cm) in length.
It was so fun to watch him really actively hunt. He was busily looking around for other small bugs.
Yay little mantis!
Photos taken with a Canon T2i with a manual 50mm lens reversed for better macro.
Copyright Josh Destree, please do not use without permission
If you would ever like a print of any of my photos, please just contact me :-)